Conditional triggers nested inside main trigger?

Bigglesbee

Conditional triggers nested inside main trigger?

Post by Bigglesbee »

Not sure how to get this to work. I want a single trigger that rescues a player if they're getting hit. However, I only want the rescue to fire once, and if it fails, I want a condition within the parent trigger to try rescuing the player once again (for each time it fails). The initial message of the player getting hit is different from the subsequent message of the rescue failing.

Is this possible to do? I feel like it's probably easy and I just don't know the structure/proper language for it. Within the initial trigger, something like: "if [failmessage] then rescue [target]". I want it all neatly within a single trigger so it doesn't conflict with other similar triggers.

Jor'Mox

Re: Conditional triggers nested inside main trigger?

Post by Jor'Mox »

Honestly, i don't see that being best done through gated triggers, as you have an open ended amount of time before you are done needing the follow up trigger. Rather, it seems to me that it would be easier to just use the first trigger to enable the failure condition trigger, and possibly a third trigger that catches a success condition, which you would use just to turn itself and the fail condition triggers off.

Bigglesbee

Re: Conditional triggers nested inside main trigger?

Post by Bigglesbee »

Hey thanks for the reply, your way makes a lot of sense and is much easier than what I was originally looking to do!