Input cursor disappearing?

Daza

Input cursor disappearing?

Post by Daza »

I have lately being have an issue with Mudlet, I play Legends of the Jedi MUD with it and sometimes when I write out a sentence that is two lines, and I want to edit it via highlighting parts of it or the whole lot to delete it, as I thought of better way to say or ask something the entire text in the input window disappears and I cant get the cursor back, the client itself seems to be running normal, new text from other players chatting still appears in the main window etc. I can click on buttons etc. But in order to type commands or chat, I have to close the client and restart it to be able to type in the input window. I am not sure this occurs when I hit the delete key or even if highlighting the text is part of the issue. As it has happened twice now, but on different days. I will need to try and replicate what is going on.

But I wondered if this is a known bug?

Also as a note when I go down to a new line with what I write, the right chat window often has all its chat history disappear. But reappears when the message goes through or after I click a different chat channel button to refresh it.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Input cursor disappearing?

Post by SlySven »

Which version is this on - we did have problems with this in the past when there were multiple windows/command lines but I though I (we) had sorted that out by now...

Daza

Post by Daza »

Technical information:
Version Mudlet 4.17.2
OS Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU x86_64

I am using Windows 11 if that means anything.

Zooka

Post by Zooka »

I have seen this too, but I don't know how to replicate. When it happens I can get it back by selecting the command line with the mouse and moving upwards, similar motion to selecting a paragraph. Debian 12, dev build.

Daza

Post by Daza »

Good to know there is a trick to getting it back. I will have to try that next time it occurs. I think the issues has been for me when selecting text, which triggers this issue. I will confirm this if I can replicate this issue. It might be something like selecting text when there is more than one line.

Zooka

Post by Zooka »

Ok, just learnt that SHIFT+ENTER creates a multi-line command input.

Now to replicate the problem, which I can now recover from; type in a command then, with the mouse, select the end of the line and motion downwards. The command entered moves up to the not visible line above as a new (2nd) line is created below, confusing the user. Recover by going in reverse or SHIFT+ENTER works for me.