Button Layout Bug?

Zooka

Button Layout Bug?

Post by Zooka »

Hey Team,

Using 4.17.2, I'm testing a simple button layout using the GUI. Floating toolbar, vertical with 3 columns, 6 buttons. As below;
shot1.png
We issue occurs when I deactivate and reactive the button toolbar. It messes up the existing layout. As below;
shot2.png
Deactive/reactive cycle again;
shot3.png
And if I do it once more, it returns to the correct layout. This is reproducible on a new install, new profile... no CSS or any additions other than straight GUI clicking. Both orientations are affects.

Where it becomes frustrating is when you reload your profile the button layout is not correct, so you have to cycle until correct.

I understand some hacks to fix this, using CSS or draw them in Geyser, but when you just need something quick and simple....

Jor'Mox

Re: Button Layout Bug?

Post by Jor'Mox »

The description of the problem is great, as is showing it in action, but it would be useful if you showed the code you were using to generate those buttons, so we could hopefully figure out where the problem is occurring.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Those are being made in the script editor on the Button tab, I don't think they're being created by code.

Zooka

Post by Zooka »

Correct, all I did was hit Add Button several times. Is this reproducible on your system?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

That isn't a bug, that is a somewhat odd feature!

Seriously, it was put in before my time (<2013) to allow the first button to be shifted down or across (depending on layout direction) so that can be offset. But yeah, it is a strange bit of code and something that I want to eventually fix so that you can insert "blanks" into the layout and not have it reorganise itself each time it gets saved.

Zooka

Post by Zooka »

Thank SS, the reorg is a weird feature, yet predictable.