Mudlet Save issue

Trovious

Mudlet Save issue

Post by Trovious »

All,

Sometimes when I close down mudlet, it does not save my newly created Alias or triggers. Is there a way to shut down that ensures everything will be saved prior to closing down the application?

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

Tech Spechs:

Version
Mudlet 4.16.0
OS
Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU
x86_64

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Save issue

Post by Vadi »

Hey, try saving the profile - it's a separate button in the trigger editor or the Ctrl+Shift+S key combo.

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Vadi,

That seems to work much better.

Can you please tell me how the backup works when you click on "Save profile"? Does it keep making a complete additional backup or does it save over the top of the most resent one? Will I have to manage how many are saved by manually deleting some? My concern is that I will be hitting this a few times a day and this could grow rapidly.

Thanks,
Trov

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Is autosave on exit checked in settings?

Also, you can do "delete old profiles" and it'll clean up everything but the last 30 days of profile backups. You can do "delete old profiles 7" to delete all but the last 7 days, etc.

Also "delete old maps"

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonnic,

Yes, autosave on exit is checked on settings. Even though this is cheeked, sometimes the latest alias or trigger that I hit "save item" on does not get saved and is either completely gone or only half there the next time I run Mudlet.

So far, Save Profile seems to do a better job but its only been a day of testings.

Also the above commands (delete old maps and delete old profiles) and work as intended. Any way to automate them?

Thanks,
Trov