Need Help with Mapper Please

Trovious

Need Help with Mapper Please

Post by Trovious »

All,

I could use some help with the mapper locating the regular exits correctly. When there are too many exits (9) on the screen at once, the script seems to only capture the ones on the first line. For example here is one room:

Obvious exits: east, north, northeast, northwest, south, southeast,
southwest, west

In the above example, it will find all the ones on line one, but not on line two so that Southwest and West will not be found.

Is there a way to have the script read both lines?

Thank you!
Trov

demonnic

Re: Need Help with Mapper Please

Post by demonnic »

The easiest way would be to disable word wrapping on the server side. It'll make a lot of other things easier as well.

If you can't find a way to do that we can go from there but I'd definitely say that's the first thing to try.

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonic,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I was able to configure the server to have wider width so that I can see all the exits on one line. However now it can't find the room names. The room names are the first line of description for the rooms. Wherever I move it no longer shows the red dot on the map and me moving. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Hmm, to make sure I understand, the rooms don't have proper names and it's using the first line of the room description as the room name?

I can see how if the length of that line changed to include more, then it would not match. It may be you need to restart the map now that it's been changed, sadly.

Alternately, if your game has gmcp support and tells you the information it may be easier to wire that in. do you get back just {} if you put in "lua gmcp" or does it print out a bunch of other stuff?

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Yes, there is no room names, just first line of description.

Also got () for the LUA command.

So remap is only way?

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

There's no other way I can think of to make the 'names' match up with the adjusted width, but there may be one I haven't thought of yet.

I'll see if I can work out a decent way to catch potential second lines of exits. When it had a second line, did the first line always end with a comma?

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonic,

Thank you so much for looking into this. Yes the 1st line always ended in a comma.

Again thank you!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Actually now that I tuck into it, try disabling the trigger named "English Exits Trigger" and enabling "English Multi-Line Exits Trigger" and see if that works for you. I keep forgetting that's there.

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonic,

I disabled the single and enabled the multi line. Unfortunately immediately the mapper lost my location and was no longer able to find me. Every time I moved anywhere the red dot would not move showing me my location. Again thank you for your help and suggestions!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

hmm, that's unfortunate, as the multi-line exits trigger goes about it pretty much how I would have. I'll try to have another look after work today. What game are you playing? Is it something I can connect to easily for testing?