Keys and [modified] keys not to bind to

Puckster

Keys and [modified] keys not to bind to

Post by Puckster »

I have leanred that there are some keys and modified keys that don't play well with binding.

For example (on Windows machines) keybinding to (at least some, but I don't know if all) modified keypad keys (i.e. shift-num-x) does not work because Wondows has some built-in output for those combos.

A second example is the up-arrow key. I bound a command to that key, but that binding does not work because the up-arrow key scrolls back through previous commands in mudlet and the keybinding does not override this (simialr for page-up and page-down keys and their 'native' functions in mudlet).

Keybinding to tab and ctrl-space is discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=44847#p44847.

With those keys (space and tab), Mudlet will not allow binding to them (nothing happens when you hit 'tab' after htting the 'Grab New Key' button). However, Mudlet will allow me to hit the up arrow and it shows 'up' in the 'Key Binding:' field, but that keybinding does not work as the up-arrow still executes its default mudlet behavior.

I am not looking to re-map keys Mudlet uses (like up-arrow and tab), only to know what all of them are to avoid making an unusable key binding.

So, my question is if there is a list somewhere of keys that one should not try to bind to so that I don't have to do this trial and error style ... :-)

If not, maybe we can capture it in this thread based on community knowledge?

Thanks!

Puckster

Re: Keys and [modified] keys not to bind to

Post by Puckster »

Ran into another one ... can't map to Alt-F4. That's the 'quit' key combo. Bah.

Puckster

Re: Keys and [modified] keys not to bind to

Post by Puckster »

Sift-F10 doesn't work either ... starting a list ;-)

Wondows-F1
Alt-F4
Shift-F10