Stupid Question: How to make chat windows? <.<

Lizziemander

Stupid Question: How to make chat windows? <.<

Post by Lizziemander »

I've looks at the user manual. I'm sure it's awesome, but I'm so code n00b it hurts my brain.

Just need assistance making a couple of windows where chat will appear, and deleting it from the main window.

Thanks in advance!

<3

demonnic

Re: Stupid Question: How to make chat windows? <.<

Post by demonnic »

Hello! Not a stupid question at all. It comes up so often I've written and rewritten things for chat windows multiple times in my efforts to refine the experience.

That being said if you feel that way about your skill level, you may get better help by joining our discord and having someone walk you through the process in real time.

I personally use EMCO (https://github.com/demonnic/MDK/wiki/EMCO) for these things, but I'm biased because I wrote it. It makes managing things like tabbed chat windows comparatively easy, but can take a moment to get a handle on if you're completely new to Lua and/or Mudlet's API. I'm more than happy to walk you through it on Discord myself though, if the reading proves to be a bit overwhelming.

Leigheas

Re: Stupid Question: How to make chat windows? <.<

Post by Leigheas »

demonnic wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:43 pm
Hello! Not a stupid question at all. It comes up so often I've written and rewritten things for chat windows multiple times in my efforts to refine the experience.

That being said if you feel that way about your skill level, you may get better help by joining our discord and having someone walk you through the process in real time.

I personally use EMCO (https://github.com/demonnic/MDK/wiki/EMCO) for these things, but I'm biased because I wrote it. It makes managing things like tabbed chat windows comparatively easy, but can take a moment to get a handle on if you're completely new to Lua and/or Mudlet's API. I'm more than happy to walk you through it on Discord myself though, if the reading proves to be a bit overwhelming.
Easiest way. And really user friendly