Mudlet Control Across Different Profile

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Control Across Different Profile

Post by Vadi »

If you use : as the start of your commands yeah, the "send-text-to-all-games" alias picks it up for all aliases. If you don't plan to use it, you can remove it.

beckham894

Post by beckham894 »

That is a dilemma... i use "send-text-to-all-games" alias too, there will be times I want both profile send the same cmd...
The event "sysSendAllProfiles" will always trigger multiple times? for example if i register another "sysSendAllProfiles", that all 3 event will fire when raiseglobalevent?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't know what you're saying, but you can have a look at https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Event_Engine for details on how it works. I've tried it out and I'm not getting the same issue you described. Are you trying to use : in combination with the script provided in this thread or... ?

beckham894

Post by beckham894 »

Vadi wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 pm
I don't know what you're saying, but you can have a look at https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Event_Engine for details on how it works. I've tried it out and I'm not getting the same issue you described. Are you trying to use : in combination with the script provided in this thread or... ?
Nope I am using exactly the code you provide me before and then raiseglobalevent in profile A to test.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've tried it out and it does not do that, so I think you'll need to do some digging on your side to find out what's going wrong. I can only give you so much here :)
Attachments
Selection_054.png
Selection_054.png (8.76 KiB) Viewed 4453 times

beckham894

Post by beckham894 »

Vadi wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 pm
I've tried it out and it does not do that, so I think you'll need to do some digging on your side to find out what's going wrong. I can only give you so much here :)
i tried it again and it is the same, i have gone as far as open a new blank profile to update the send-text-to-all code
both of my profiles was created a long long while and there (surprisingly) has a slight update on the code
but never-the-less, after updating it acts the same...
i have no choice to drop this for now

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

beckham894

Post by beckham894 »

Vadi wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:17 am
Check out viewtopic.php?p=46330#p46330
thanks, i have installed the package and working on it now!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Vadi wrote:You can also pass the profile name with the event so you can tell which event the profile came from.
Actually the raiseGlobalEvent(...) does that automagically - it always appends the sending profile name to the end of the list of arguments that the user (script/package-writer) gives to the function call...