Generic Mapping Script

havok303

Generic Mapping Script

Post by havok303 »

I'm still very new to all this and am learning how to get the mapping script to work. It does not autodetect the exits or room name and is wanting me to run the map prompt command. Here is an example of a room.. Note:This room has a rope exit as you can see but even trying a find prompt in a room that only has north and south exits fails..

Second Series of Underwater Tunnels [exits: rope, north, northeast and east]
This is the beginning of the second level of underwater tunnels. As you look around you get a
strange feeling. You feel like you've been here before. But you know that isnt true. AH!, now you
know. These tunnels look identical to the ones above. There is a rope leading up to the first level.

A small crab
A small crab

Can somebody help me with the map prompt syntax?

havok303

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by havok303 »

so I found the prompt, it was the > command at the end... I now have a new problem.. when running the map basics command, I get an error that the script needs to know 2 things, the room name and exits. It says run the find prompt which it does find.. but need to understand if I manually select the prompt, how do I get the generic mapping script to understand the room description and exits.

havok303

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by havok303 »

I figured it out, I had to edit some of the existing triggers associated with the English Exits Trigger. I changed the Exits to exits and that fixed it after relaunching mudlet