Laggy Two-Line Prompt

Laps

Laggy Two-Line Prompt

Post by Laps »

I'm playing a MUD with 2-line prompt enabled, and there is a noticeable lag on getting the 2nd line when using Mudlet (using a brand new, empty Mudlet profile, with only default settings and preferences). This is in contrast with the prompt response when using Telnet via Terminal (I'm on a Macbook). Here are some videos to demonstrate this contrast: Questions:
  1. Is the expected?
  2. Why does this happen?
  3. Is there a way to eliminate this lag from Mudlet?
  4. Is there a way to get Mudlet to use raw Telnet, as my terminal does? I figure this could be useful as baseline/default behavior, to help debug which specific Mudlet features cause this to happen.

Vadi

Re: Laggy Two-Line Prompt

Post by Vadi »

This is because the game doesn't send GA (see "no GA") at the bottom. Enabling Go-Ahead in the game would fix it!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Make sure to update from Mudlet 4.5.1-de, by the way: https://www.mudlet.org/2020/03/update-from-mudlet451de/

Laps

Post by Laps »

Vadi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 am
Make sure to update from Mudlet 4.5.1-de, by the way: https://www.mudlet.org/2020/03/update-from-mudlet451de/
Oh, thanks will do!
Vadi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 am
This is because the game doesn't send GA (see "no GA") at the bottom. Enabling Go-Ahead in the game would fix it!
Ah, got it - thanks for pointing that out!

It turns out the game has a setting to enabled MSP which includes functionality such as wrapping the prompt with <prompt> and </prompt> tags, which causes the whole thing to be rendered quickly as expected. I can simply gag those lines (and maybe someday learn how to utilize them!), but for some reason I'm getting extra blank lines around it, so I've created a new thread for help gagging multiple consecutive blank lines: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22889

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Nice! :)