How to create a Module

Rahlan

How to create a Module

Post by Rahlan »

I've looked through the wikis, but I haven't found a method for creating a module that I can sync between multiple profiles.

The main issue is that the package exporter creates .mpackage files, when you can only use module sync with .xml files.

The closest I got was doing a "save as" on an entire profile and then using that .trigger.xml file as a module. The main problem with that approach is that I didn't have any entries under Aliases or Timers, so there isn't a folder in those sections from the original profile. Anything I add to Aliases or Timers is not synced between profiles.

demonnic

Re: How to create a Module

Post by demonnic »

the mpackage is itself a zip file which contains a .xml, a config.lua, and any other resources the package requires. You can use the .xml out of the mpackage for modules.

Rahlan

Re: How to create a Module

Post by Rahlan »

Awesome. I wish I had noticed that the mpackage was a .zip file.

So, I can create a package from my main profile, pull the .xml out of the .zip file, create some new profiles, and import the the .xml file as a module in each profile. From that point, after I save any profile using the module, it will update and be synced to all other profiles that use the module, correct?

Is there a good way to keep general settings, like font size, in sync across all profiles?