Save everything to a single file

Laps

Save everything to a single file

Post by Laps »

I'm just starting out with Mudlet, and I'd like to make sure the effort I put into building settings is regularly backed up (and someday possibly even under some sort of version control, if I can rig it up).

Question -- two parts:
1. Is there a way to save all of my current settings into a single file?
2. If so, is there some script/function I could call to trigger saving of the file from the command line (e.g. hit ctrl+shift+s to save)?

I've done some digging and already asked a more complicated question here:
viewtopic.php?t=22843

...but, at the end of the day, maybe the ask is simple: I'd like to just be able to zone out into my settings for a while, periodically saving/backing-up my progress without having to click a bunch of buttons, and be confident that my progress is saved (preferably in a single file). Can I do that somehow?

Vadi

Re: Save everything to a single file

Post by Vadi »

Hello!

1) All settings are saved into a single file already, see C:\Users\username\.config\mudlet. They are also backed up when you save - when you start Mudlet, you'll see on the connection screen that you can load an older version.
2) create a keybinding that calls saveProfile() (https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Miscel ... aveProfile) and you'll be certain you've backed everything up!

Welcome to Mudlet!

Laps

Re: Save everything to a single file

Post by Laps »

Vadi wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:08 am
Welcome to Mudlet!
Woohoo! Thank you :)