Map with the geyser template

fstltna
Discord: MarisaG#2083

Map with the geyser template

Post by fstltna »

I'm getting along with my coffeemud template, but I am having issues with the mapper described in the example thread. Here is what I get:

What do I need to do to get it properly?
---- https://PocketMud.com - full-featured CoffeeMUD hosting - $14/month with first month free
---- https://discord.gg/HgDxtas - Semi-Official CoffeeMUD Discord server
---- https://EmpireDirectory.net - portal for Empire and Imperium

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Map with the geyser template

Post by SlySven »

The map needs to know the room number where the player is located (a valid position) if you have a map system installed for the MUD you may need to issue a command, such as look so that the details of your current location is sent from the Server - if the MUD is using GMCP then the location details will be sent over that OOB protocol - a more manual method would be examining the room name and exits and possibly the first or all lines of the description and determining where you are by searching for one (or more) matching room(s) - but I suspect you won't need to do that. However it is done, the end result is the same, in that the Lua function centerview(<roomIdNumber>) will be called to draw the map centred on the given room number...

woodardchristop

Post by woodardchristop »

Hello,

Having a similar issue, and the mud I am playing final realms seems to use gmcp from what I can tell. I am using the geyser template as well, and using the generic_mapper. Using mudlet 3.19.

start mapping
(mapper): (error): Room detection not yet working, see map basics for guidance.

could you explain the answer here, "if the MUD is using GMCP then the location details will be sent over that OOB protocol - a more manual method would be examining the room name and exits and possibly the first or all lines of the description and determining where you are by searching for one (or more) matching room(s) - but I suspect you won't need to do that. However it is done, the end result is the same, in that the Lua function centerview(<roomIdNumber>) will be called to draw the map centred on the given room number..."

Thanks
Chris

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Does your map do GMCP, do you know?

woodardchristop

Post by woodardchristop »

Does the map script do gmcp? That I am not sure of. I think part of the issue is that directions are part of the room name in brief:

Gnarlwood Forest. [w,ne,nw,se]

I setup a trigger:
oNIo09ZT.png
Thank s

Edited: converted (working) dropbox link to image file that I have attached directly to post - SlySven

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't think you've attached the image correctly - it's not loading.