Connection Hang

flypadre

Connection Hang

Post by flypadre »

I have a fluffos mud running which I have used mudlet to connect to but now is hanging at connection. I can still connect to the mud using telnet, but mudlet hangs on trying to connect after resolving the ip address. Mudlet still connects with other muds that I play. I have deleted the profile and created a new profile which I thought fixed my problem, but alas after a short time mudlet decided to hang on the connection again.
In my google search I saw that another person was having the same problem back in 2013 and seemed to resolve the issue by deleting the profile and creating a new one, but this is all I've found on the issue.
Anybody have any ideas?

Vadi

Re: Connection Hang

Post by Vadi »

Did you enable secure connection by accident perhaps?

flypadre

Post by flypadre »

Nope, I didn't have the secure connection checked. This morning I turned on my computer started up Mudlet and was able to log in just fine. I disconnected and then a couple of hours later tried to log back in and this is what I got.

Code: Select all

[  OK  ]  - Lua module rex_pcre loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Lua module zip loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Lua module lfs loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Lua module sqlite3 loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Lua module utf8 loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Lua module yajl loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Lua code formatter loaded.
[  OK  ]  - Mudlet-lua API & Geyser Layout manager loaded.
[ INFO ]  - Looking up the IP address of server:botl.xyz:6666 ...
[ INFO ]  - Auditing of a loaded/imported/downloaded map starting...
[  OK  ]  - Auditing of map completed (0.00s). Enjoy your game...
[ INFO ]  - The IP address of botl.xyz has been found. It is: 162.255.119.108
[ INFO ]  - Trying to connect to 162.255.119.108: 6666 ...
It hangs there. This is happening on two different computers. Both are running windows 10. One is home edition the other is Pro. I can use my cmd line telnet program to log in just fine from the same computer.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

That is an unusual Port Number choice as 6666-6669 are the official Port numbers used by Internet Relay Chat (IRC) servers; see. e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_T ... rt_numbers ...

flypadre

Post by flypadre »

I changed the port number to one that another mud uses that I have no problems logging into and I still have the same problem. I am beginning to wonder if it is has something to do with the way the dead-soul mudlib makes connections. Does anybody else use this mudlib. Have you had problems? When I use MUSHclient I have no issues.