While editing a map, it can be useful to move it. Is there a way to quickly pan the map, for example middle click drag.

jieiku

While editing a map, it can be useful to move it. Is there a way to quickly pan the map, for example middle click drag.

Post by jieiku »

While editing a map, it can be useful to move it. Is there a way to quickly pan the map, for example holding down middle click and dragging?

I see there are little direction arrows at the bottom of the map that you can left click on to nudge the map in a given direction, but was hoping for a way to quickly pan the map in a grab and drag fashion.

jieiku

Re: While editing a map, it can be useful to move it. Is there a way to quickly pan the map, for example middle click dr

Post by jieiku »

On Discord Kasa suggested I can "use ALT+CLICK to drag the mapper. Be careful it's a little sensitive"

however while using KDE(Linux) when I try to ALT+LEFTCLICK to drag the mapper, it attempts to move the entire MUDLET application

It seems that KDE already makes use of ALT+LEFTCLICK to reposition items on the desktop (entire applications.) So that you can snap them to an edge of a screen. such as half of your left screen, etc.

Is there a way to bind Mudlets ALT+LEFTCLICK behavior for map movement to Middleclick instead?

EDIT: I got ALT+LEFTCLICK working by changing the binding in KDE, I found the solution on Reddit, just search google for: "ALT + left click KDE" should be the top link. (In KDE I changed my modifier from ALT to META for the window behaviours)

I do still believe however that middleclick would be easier and more intuitive than ALT+LEFTCLICK, then you would need only the mouse instead of the mouse+keyboard.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: While editing a map, it can be useful to move it. Is there a way to quickly pan the map, for example middle click dr

Post by SlySven »

The magic combination you are looking for is to hold down CTRL+ALT and move the mouse... (not sure what the MacOS combination is - they are different in their keyboard modifiers!)

You can also zoom-out and then zoom back in again with the (vertical) mouse scroll wheel (some of us have more than one mouse wheel but there isn't enough of us for it to be practical to use the horizontal one for anything methinks!) - and holding down CTRL acts like a x10 multiplier whilst turning that wheel BTW... :geek:

Middle click scrolls the main or other console down to the current line (gets rid of the split that appears when it is scrolled up).

jieiku

Post by jieiku »

SlySven wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:11 pm
Middle click scrolls the main or other console down to the current line (gets rid of the split that appears when it is scrolled up).
Thank You! I was actually wondeering what gets rid of the screen split quicker, I had been just holding down page down.