KDE using included theme "Breeze Dark" results in some elements being nearly impossible to read, how to fix?

jieiku

KDE using included theme "Breeze Dark" results in some elements being nearly impossible to read, how to fix?

Post by jieiku »

2019-03-01_06-37.png
2019-03-01_06-38_1.png

jieiku

Re: KDE using included theme "Breeze Dark" results in some elements being nearly impossible to read, how to fix?

Post by jieiku »

I am thinking maybe if Mudlet used a more neutral color instead of the yellow and pink backgrounds?

This way the font could look good and readable on either light or dark themes, but maybe there is another way to accomplish a readable font while using a dark theme on KDE, I appreciate any help.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: KDE using included theme "Breeze Dark" results in some elements being nearly impossible to read, how to fix?

Post by SlySven »

I am in the same boat (I'm using KDE on both Linux and FreeBSD - and I am also experimentingplaying with Kvantum {which is also dark by default}) and it is on my short-list to nuke all the colouring on those widgets so that whatever theme the user/desktop manager/OS supplies gets used. The trouble is that we (well I) am not aware of the means to find out what colour the current theme would attempt to draw a background in so that we can always use a suitable foreground colour for those occasions where we do want to use a different colour text; as it is, this issue is currently being tracked at: https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/issues/2132 .

jieiku

Post by jieiku »

SlySven wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:22 pm
I am in the same boat (I'm using KDE on both Linux and FreeBSD - and I am also experimentingplaying with Kvantum {which is also dark by default}) and it is on my short-list to nuke all the colouring on those widgets so that whatever theme the user/desktop manager/OS supplies gets used.
I am so happy to hear that this is on your short-list, let me know if you want any help testing. I successfully cloned and built from git today the Mudlet 3.17.1-dev build.