OSX 10.9.5 compatibility

buckybal

OSX 10.9.5 compatibility

Post by buckybal »

Hey, all, I'm a prospective new user, and while I've looked around some, I can't seem to find any prior versions of mudlet. I use OSX 10.9.5 at work, and updating my system software is not an option due to the actual-work software that would need a corresponding ~$400 upgrade. I don't think I need the newest features and can probably deal with any bugs, so if anyone has some advice for me, I'd definitely appreciate it.

I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere- I really did read the FAQ, check some older posts, etc.

Vadi

Re: OSX 10.9.5 compatibility

Post by Vadi »

Hi!

Older Mudlet versions are available on https://www.mudlet.org/download, see "Source & Older" tab.

buckybal

Post by buckybal »

Oh, you mean I have to read that *whole* page?? Geez.

Sorry about that, and thanks for the help.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

According to the Qt documentation the last version that supported macOs 10.9 was Qt 5.8 - currently the Mudlet code itself is configured to be able to be built on 5.7 or later. So... it ought to be possible to build the latest and greatest version of Mudlet on your system - whether the official Qt on-line installer for macOs will work on the older platform is not clear to me. If it doesn't the larger, off-line installer for Qt 5.8.0 for macOs qt-opensource-mac-x64-clang-5.8.0.dmg from their archives may give you a starting point should you want to get your hands mucky! :D :geek: