Package Manager issue, I think

Ivis

Package Manager issue, I think

Post by Ivis »

Hi all,

So I recently returned to playing Achaea, using Mudlet. I was on the old SVO system, v.11, and now when I try to install the latest version from the github releases page through Mudlet's package manager, it doesn't install. The package manager just closes, and nothing is installed. I've asked on the Discord, on the Achaean forums, and in-game, and no one seems to have a solution.

I have tried creating a fresh profile in Mudlet and installing from there, same result. Tried downloading the zip file, unzipping to a different folder and rezipping, then install, and still the same result. I've also tried installing previous versions, like v.24, and still nothing, which leads me to think it's an issue with the Package Manager/Mudlet, rather than the zip files. The only thing that has had a remote amount of success is opening the Scripts tab, and importing the zip file through there, but it only installs the "svof Dragon Limb Counter" and nothing else.

I also tried looking at the updater scripts on the old v.11, to see if I could just replace the download source with the new github page, but I'm not sure what all needs to be changed there, or if that would actually fix anything.

I'm on Mac (El Capitan v.10.11.6) if that helps.

Thanks for any help you're able to provide!

Jor'Mox

Re: Package Manager issue, I think

Post by Jor'Mox »

If you haven't resolved this already, I believe this was an issue with Mudlet 3.11, which hopefully has been resolved in the most recent version.

Ivis

Post by Ivis »

Unfortunately, it hasn't. I'm on 3.12.0, and the problem persists :(

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Well, then what I would do, given that I don't seem to have any issues installing packages with 3.10 (the version I'm still using because I'm slow to get updates), is grab that version for the install, and then go back to using 3.12 once that is done. They all use the same profiles, so it should work fine once you bypass whatever is going on with the package manager.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Don't use Safari to download, it screws up your file. Try another browser!

Ivis

Post by Ivis »

Tried 3.10.0, still nothing. I don't get it.

And I'm using the Chrome browser..is there a better or more optimal one to use?