AppImage Not Allowing Edits till Connection

Sideways

AppImage Not Allowing Edits till Connection

Post by Sideways »

Hi, I am using Linux Mint from a long-time Windows user view. I like the OS a lot, though it has just been a week since the installation.

So, I don't know if I have placed or configured the AppImage correctly. I put it in /opt with a couple other self installed programs.

Will Mudlet allow me to work on its user data offline without a connection first? It's easy to work-around, just slightly curious.

Vadi

Re: AppImage Not Allowing Edits till Connection

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet doesn't have such a feature yet, neither in Windows nor Linux. You can connect and disconnect right away, or if you're not connected to the internet altogether, then opening the profile will still work okay.

Sideways

Post by Sideways »

cool, ty.

to work...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Enjoy :)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

To fake a connection the host name/url localhost will always work - it is your machine that is running the Mudlet application and - unless you are running a MUD (or possibly a Telnet) Server on your own machine (and you specify a correct port number to connect to it on) the connection will never complete but you can access all the local facilities including editing your profile's scripts that Mudlet provides.

Indeed, if you have a recording of a previous MUD session (a *.dat file in the profiles log sub-directory) you can repeat replay that recording over and over again to exercise (not exorcise!) your scripts to debug and tweak their actions.

I'm constantly doing this as I revised bits of the C++ core code, especially when trying to get characters from non-familiar language scripts to display correctly (currently I'm trying to improve the reproduction of Traditional/Simplified Chinese texts but it is being messed up by characters that have what is known as an ambiguous East-Asian Width! :ugeek: