Debug window hopelessly garbled

Archivist

Debug window hopelessly garbled

Post by Archivist »

The second time I launched mudlet, the debug console stopped working; about half the characters that should be written to it are missing and there's some random overlap. I'm not allowed to post imgur links, but if you visit /a/EkBRy there you'll see what I mean.

How do I make the debug console usable again?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Debug window hopelessly garbled

Post by SlySven »

That does not look like any URL that I can parse but are you running Mudlet on a Windows PC? If so you may be experiencing what is listed on our GitHub site as Issue 1212 - does it look like that? It is a known problem but it is not fatal (unless you are trying to debug something, I guess). :-(

Archivist

Post by Archivist »

If you put www dot imgur dot com in front of that path, it will make more sense. I would do it for you, but then the forum would reject my post -- new users aren't allowed to post image links. But it's pretty similar to the image in your Github link. I'm on Windows 10, stock Mudlet 3.7.1, no scripts or packages installed except Jor'Mox's Generic Map Script v1.12.

In any case, if I have to write my own mapper then I certainly do need a debugger. Scrolling the screen does fix the unblurred frame on the bottom, but that isn't really good enough.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Wow, that is some really funky stuff going on there, with every other character missing. BUT, I can tell you that in a general sense, the debug window isn't really necessary for debugging scripts. The error window is MUCH more relevant, and doesn't have the same issue.

Side note, if you need help with the mapper script, just hit up the forum thread or shoot me a PM, and I'd be glad to help.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Restarting Mudlet should fix it. Sorry, it's an issue that happens occasionally - we haven't yet tracked it down.