cechoLink & miniconoles

Aydein

cechoLink & miniconoles

Post by Aydein »

I'm curious as to why, for some reason or another, cechoLink does not seem to work properly with a miniconsole?

I assumed that it would go something like this, but it appears I was wrong.

Code: Select all

TellConsole:cecho("<green>\nYou killed <red>" ..matches[2])
 TellConsole:cechoLink("<green>(Loot)", [[send("get all from" ..matches[2])]], "Click to get loot from the enemy!", true)
Is it something simple I'm not doing?

*edit for clarification* My first tell, upon defeating an enemy, works without a problem. It's the second tell (the link) that seems to be an issue.

Jor'Mox

Re: cechoLink & miniconoles

Post by Jor'Mox »

Well, it looks like you are using Geyser, which doesn't have cechoLink defined for miniConsoles, which is why it doesn't work (you could use echoLink, but not cechoLink). You can still use the built in cechoLink function with a miniConsole managed by Geyser (since Geyser is essentially just acting as an interface). Just use cechoLink with the name of the miniConsole window as the first argument (the name you used when you declared the miniConsole within Geyser, not the variable you use to work with it).

Aydein

Post by Aydein »

I am using Geyser and I didn't realize cechoLink did not work with it.

So, I did what you said and got the link section to work, but for some reason the color is not being used. Is the color declared the same? (This has worked for others, so I'm not entirely sure what went astray here. Is it because it needs to be handled differently than a regular cechoLink?
Example:

Code: Select all

cechoLink("TellConsole", "<yellow>Coins", [[send
With the rest of the code to follow, afterwards, of course.

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Post by keneanung »

Are you using a recent Mudlet version? There has been a bug a while back that prevented the last argument from working, but it should have been fixed since Mudlet 3.1.0.