What's the status of the copy + paste bug?

Tesagk

What's the status of the copy + paste bug?

Post by Tesagk »

It might be silly, but this bug is BY FAR the most annoying bug I run into with Mudlet. I can log things just fine, but sometimes you just want to grab a recent snipped of information. When the copy + paste fails, several times in a row, you're beginning to waste valuable game time.

I'm running the latest version of Mudlet on Windows 10 and I've found that the most consistent way to get a line to copy and paste is to highlight a line by itself. But copying and pasting line by line is beyond tedious. This isn't in the bugs forum because, to my knowledge, it's a known bug. What I want to know is whether or not it's being looked at, and any other tips that might be offered in how to try and get the function to work for multiple lines.

Vadi

Re: What's the status of the copy + paste bug?

Post by Vadi »

Hi!

Sorry about your problem. This hasn't been an issue for a long while, and we haven't had anyone mention that it is either. How can we reproduce the problem? Are you selecting the text and right-clicking, then doing 'Copy'?

Tesagk

Post by Tesagk »

Vadi wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:26 am
Hi!

Sorry about your problem. This hasn't been an issue for a long while, and we haven't had anyone mention that it is either. How can we reproduce the problem? Are you selecting the text and right-clicking, then doing 'Copy'?
Happens whether I right + click and copy or use ctrl + C, both of them work and both of them fail. Additionally, when doing one line at a time, they have similar rates of success.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

While I haven't messed with trying to copy out of the main window for a while, I generally found it to be a problem if new text came in while I was selecting things. So if nothing came it, copying worked fine. If stuff came it, it messed up. I can't remember if that was strictly while I was selecting text to copy, or if it included the time between selecting and copying, but either way, that should present a reasonable test case to see if that is the dividing line.