Problem running on Linux Mint x32

Sidyanah

Problem running on Linux Mint x32

Post by Sidyanah »

Greetings!

First of all, thank you for creating a truly awesome program! I have been using the old versions a couple of years ago, and now that I'm back to MUDing, I would like to use Mudlet as well. However, when I try to run the latest version (the AppImage format), I get an error:

Code: Select all

./Mudlet.AppImage: 2: ./Mudlet.AppImage: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
Alternatively, when I do not use 'sudo' to run the file, I get a different error:

Code: Select all

bash: ./Mudlet.AppImage: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
I am, by no means, a Linux expert, so I'm guessing I'm doing something simple very wrong. Any ideas what it could be?

Vadi

Re: Problem running on Linux Mint x32

Post by Vadi »

The installer is 64bit only - is it possible for you to switch to 64bit?

Sidyanah

Post by Sidyanah »

I think it is. At first I thought like it would be too much to switch versions just to run Mudlet, but there seems to be much more reasons to move :) Thank you for your reply!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

You are running a Linux distribution though so you could, of course, grab the source code and build it yourself - and since we have just nailed a teeny-weeny problem that prevented building the fancy new text editor widget on a 32-bit platform that isn't Window$ - :oops: you can get a 32-bit executable before we roll-up that fix for the next minor (or even patch @Vadi?) version...