Issue with 3.3.1 from 2.1

icester

Issue with 3.3.1 from 2.1

Post by icester »

I normally run 2.1 but recently been venturing into 3.3.1 since the new release!

I have noticed one huge issue with my system and WHO

I run my system on 2.1, quit then run the same system/settings on 3.3.1. I've gone into preferences and redownloaded the GAMEs Map on both 2.1 and 3.3.1 so both fully updated but somehow on 3.3.1 I get this

Unknown
(H) Within the unformed void (Unknown) - One
(H) A floating expanse in the Void (Unknown) - Cardie
(H) A mystical underground cavern (Unknown) - Rain
(H) Volcanic bedroom (Unknown) - Iriden
(H) A rather overgrown courtyard (Unknown) - Eliadon
Unknown
Beside a quiet pond in the plains (1678) - Apophis
Unknown
Curving edge of the abyssal plains (39101) - Estheld, Neron{

but on 2.1 where it says 'Unknown' I would get the name of said AREA.

both 3 and 2 are echoing back perfect

it seems this is messing up

map.areas = map.areas or getAreaTable()

=====================================

My Main question anyone happen to know why getareaTable() is not being added into map.areas with the above bold code?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Issue with 3.3.1 from 2.1

Post by SlySven »

I do not see the line map.areas = map.areas or getAreaTable() in the distributed Mudlet code so I have to assume that that code comes from an installed/downloaded package. What that particular code does is leave map.areas untouched unless it is a lua nil i.e. it does not exist and in that particular situation and only that (not an EMPTY table represented by {} by the way) then map.areas is set to the output of the getAreaTable() function. It might be worth putting in some debugging code to display(map.areas) before and after that line - I bet it is not nil but is otherwise empty before that line...!

icester

Post by icester »

{
["Default Area"] = -1
}

is whats showing on login, but on 2.1 it shows ALL the areas like

area = 1
place = 2
etc

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Post by keneanung »

@icester which game/mapping script do you use? Maybe I can have a closer look at it.

icester

Post by icester »

the mapping script is my own, game is Aetolia.

I dont understand why from 2.1 to 3.3.1 it should show 2 different things as if I do lua map.areas = getareaTable() it will produce the correct table but otherwise it wont.. but in 2.1 i've never had todo the LUA thing :/

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I might be completely wrong on this one, but it sounds like you're running into an error with the default area (-1) - I believe this area always exists in 3.x+, so getAreaTable will never return a nil value.

(edit)

That's likely not it. More likely at the time you execute the getAreaTable command, is perhaps the correct mapfile not yet loaded? Given that you said it's only returning the default area, yet typing the command at the command line (lua ...) at a later point returns the correct information.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Loading all map data was accidentally disabled in 3.x, but it is something that I've re-enabled in 3.3.1 - getareaTable() should return all data. Are you sure you are trying 3.3.1?

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Post by keneanung »

Are you willing to share the script? Maybe privately? That would make it easier to analyse the problem.