Question

myrapix

Question

Post by myrapix »

Hi, I am an administrator for a MUD and we recently had a player log in who is using Mudlet as a client. He says that when he looks at our WHO list the players name and titles overlap each other. Does anyone know why that might be happening? I usually use CMUD as a client and have never had any other players tell me they see this on the who list. I was hoping to maybe be able to fix it for him either in the MUD or give him a suggestion with his client.
Any help would be most appreciated. I'm not too knowledgeable about clients and systems so anything too technical may go over my head, but I can refer it to my coder. :)

Thanks a bunch!

Myra

https://www.facebook.com/EscapeDestiny2/
http://escape.wolfpaw.net
Host: escape.wolfpaw.net
Port: 2020

Vadi

Re: Question

Post by Vadi »

Hello!

It would be because of the use of tabs - please use spaces instead. Tabs are problematic because nobody can agree on how many spaces a tab ought to be :\

Vadim

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I dealt with this on the mud I play by writing a trigger to replace tabs with the appropriate amount of spaces.

regex pattern:

\t

trigger body:

while selectString("\t",1) > -1 do
replace(" ")
end

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I find this to be a better way to fix tabs, as it turns tabs into the necessary number of spaces to keep things lined up, the way tabs are supposed to work.
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
local pos = selectString("\t",1)
while pos ~= -1 do
   replace(string.rep(" ",8 - math.fmod(pos,8)))
   pos = selectString("\t",1)
end

myrapix

Post by myrapix »

Thank you all so much! I will refer this to my coder and ask him to try to fix it. :)