Can this Map be used somehow?

Orlendr

Can this Map be used somehow?

Post by Orlendr »

I used this in MUSHclient a while ago and was wondering if we could somehow use it in Mudlet.

http://sites.google.com/site/dontarion/mush-map-module

It worked pretty well except for overlaping at parts.

Rakon

Re: Can this Map be used somehow?

Post by Rakon »

No, that cannot be used in Mudlet.

However, if you go to the map settings in Mudlet, you can make the mapper show 2d view instead of 3d.

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

No one can translate it to mudlet scripting or something? I already have a map, but this one has some nice functions...

Mosr

Post by Mosr »

I hate to be a debbie downer, but not very many people are going to rescript something from MUSH when we already have the Mudlet Mapper available and working. I could be wrong, and I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but unless you offer up money or something, you'll be hard-pressed to find someone to do it for you.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Explain to us what some of these functions you would like are... it's possible the mudlet mapper can do them already, and we can help show you how. It's also possible that it doesn't do it now, but it could be added.

No way we can know what functionality it is you're looking for from the old map thing if you don't tell us though =)

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

Well, it adds rooms as you move, you can walk to a specfic room if you know it's number (I never got that to work, maybe I just didint do it right), it shows you where wormholes are (and where they go), you can change its colors, you can click on a room on the map and you'll automatically go there. I cant remember everything, but it was REALLY nice. Though it could use some work i think.

I was just hoping someone would try it out and like it enough to convert it to work for Mudlet. It may be silly, but you could just download MUSH in order to try it out.

"◦The mapper records and displays areas now.
◦Markers for farsight are now displayed by red circles with white borders.

◦The mapper records and displays wormholes from worm warping.
◦The mapper denotes wormholes in rooms by the white and black circle.

◦The mapper no longer displays down paths from inside shops."

Theres more but I dont remember. Right now I am just using the map that came with the ACHAEA fancy GUI I think, it's annoying since it doesnt MAP new rooms that havent been mapped... And like I said before, this mapper overlaps itself sometimes, it doesnt differentiate IN from OUT I think, or a new place (like Lake Muurn from Cyrene, when you enter the lake it will overlap the Map of Cyrene if I recall correctly).

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

What version of Mudlet are you on? The newer versions all have built in map support (whereas the achaea fancy gui was just CONFIG MAPVIEW ON to a miniconsole, iirc.) with many of the features you spoke of. Plus, it downloads the entire ingame map from achaea to start you off with.

You can click on a room to move to it.
You can search by room name
You can go to a room if you know the number

I don't know how well it does mapping as you walk around, as I have not personally dealt with that, but I know that people are mapping new areas in Lusternia with it. Which uses the same scripts as achaea does, since they're both IRE MUDs.

You can add characters to rooms, so you could map the locations of wormholes, and while it doesn't map farsight/scrying/etc rooms on the visible map, the output has a clickable link to go to the room, iirc.

I think if you give the built in mudlet mapper a shot you will be pleasantly surprised.

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

I am using 1.1.0, if I upgrade will I lose everything?

Omni

Post by Omni »

Orlendr wrote:I am using 1.1.0, if I upgrade will I lose everything?
no

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

When I download and install it, it says Mudlet 1.0 series, and when I open it, it still says it's Mudlet 1.1.0 March 2010. I just install it to the same place my current is, that way it'll update evrything, right?