Scripts that I can't turn off

steve

Scripts that I can't turn off

Post by steve »

So I just downloaded a mapper package from this post: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2144

It had some problems, so I figured I'd inactive the folder until I could figure them out. However, clicking on the folder or the activate button gave me no response. So I quit out without saving my profile. I'd like to work on this package, but don't want to do it unless I can turn things on and off as needed. Any suggestions?

Vadi

Re: Scripts that I can't turn off

Post by Vadi »

Turning off a script will have no effect on the code in it. Try putting

if true then return end

At the top of it, so the code isn't run.

steve

Post by steve »

Ok, I'll try that. But any ideas why mudlet wouldn't let me inactivate this particular folder (or any of the scripts within it)? I'm able to inactivate everything else. Some scripts i want to run only on certain characters.

kakku

Post by kakku »

since the script-part in that package is put in functions you could also just deactivate the triggers/aliases which call those functions.

and if you have some questions about the mapping package just post them in that thread and i will try to help you.

Beliar

Post by Beliar »

Well, if the script contains functions they won't be gone, even if you deactivate the script. You will have to find where these functions are called and deactivate them or comment the line. If you want any windows that were created to disappear you will have to close and reopen the profile or mudlet.