Simple Armour Re-wear Trigger

Kyle

Simple Armour Re-wear Trigger

Post by Kyle »

I'm looking for help in making a trigger that recognizes when I am on and off balance in order to re-wear my armour should I remove it. In getting previous advice I was told that I need to capture my prompt and make a temporary trigger that recognizes when I regain balance. However, I'm not great at coding and I would like some help doing this. I currently play Achaea.

dhoob

Re: Simple Armour Re-wear Trigger

Post by dhoob »

Make a trigger(exact match) for the line showing you removed your armour.

In the body:

wearArmour = tempTrigger("You have recovered balance on all limbs.", [[send("wear armour")]])

You could put the item number instead of the word armour. You don't necessarily need to solve this by capturing the prompt, and better ways to do it may allow you to make decisions to stand or perform some other balance-requiring actions first, since wearing armour takes balance. This trigger worked though, on my character.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

The only problem with that is when I recover balance from wearing the armour and it proceeds to try to wear the armour another three times.

dhoob

Post by dhoob »

I saw something in the manual about temp triggers not going away. It only tries once for my character.

Another solution is to enable and disable a trigger instead of using tempTrigger(). Make a trigger for exact match of removing armor with a body of:
enableTrigger("wear armor")

Make another trigger titled "wear armor" which is an exact match for "You have recovered balance on all limbs." and has a body of:
send("wear armor")
disableTrigger("wear armor")

Set the second trigger to disabled to start with.

When you take off your armor, it will enable a trigger that will try to wear armor when you recover balance and then disable itself.