(Avalon) Mapping multiple overlapping levels

mirales

(Avalon) Mapping multiple overlapping levels

Post by mirales »

The situation is that there will be many overlapping levels (think tunnels). Right now, my maps are in Excel and done by hand because I like a good visual of the environment as well as good directions. What I need is some way to have layers. Whether it's done by hand or done by me coding something (or downloading someone else's code :) ). Each map may be only 20 to 30 rooms, but there may be multiple up/down exits leading to another level with 20 to 30 rooms.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: (Avalon) Mapping multiple overlapping levels

Post by Heiko »

That's no problem. Just turn on the 3D mode of the mapper and use appropriate room coordinates.

mirales

Post by mirales »

Am I missing something? I thought the mapper didn't work in Avalon.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Yes, you are missing something :) You can map pretty much any type of MUD now, but for most MUDs you'll have to write your own mapper scripts. Users have publicly released mapper scripts for a small number of MUDs and I'll release a mapper script for Avalon soon.

Wilderness maps look like this: Image and cities, dungeons etc. look like the usual Image. Maps can be easily layouted with the built in visual map editor functions. Wilderness maps are being layouted automatically. Avalon has recently added full support for the mapper, so you'll never get lost. My mapper script automatically uses ships if it needs to and you can make bookmarks and search for shops, places, tutors and NPC names etc.. Stay tuned :)