Status bar

steve

Status bar

Post by steve »

Been using mudlet for several months now, and am only now beginning to realize what it can do.

I play wotmud, and I've been wondering if there is a way I can change the status bar to give me more information about what state my character is in.

The status bar shows up after anything that happens on the mud, and looks like this:

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >

it can also show you if you're sneaking:
* S HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >

or riding:
* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >

There are several other states that I'd like to see at a glance. These include my mood (wimpy, brave, berserk), the HP level i've set to have autoflee triggered, and my posture (offensive, normal, defensive). These are things i change often during PVP, and I find myself wasting commands because, for example, i don't remember if i was wimpy or not.

I have no programming background, so I don't know whether this would be easy or not, but I imagine this could work with a trigger that responds when I enter a command that changes any of these states. If it's hard to get it to be part of the basic status bar, then maybe a little window in a corner of the screen would work.

Any chance someone could help me out with this? Thanks, Steve.

Here are the commands:
To set my mood
change mood wimpy
or brave, or berserk

To set my autoflee
change wimpy 40
or 200 or whatever

To set my posture

change posture offensive