Replacing a String

Vadi

Re: Replacing a String

Post by Vadi »

Is the trigger even enabled? Is it in a group that's enabled? is the pattern type set to perl regex?

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

Vadi: Yes, Yes, Yes!

Like I said it works when using the FeedTriggers to test it?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try posting a screenshot of the trigger as you have it.

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

As requested: .gif attached
Attachments
screen1.gif

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Sounds like your trigger pattern is wrong if it's not firing in game but it is firing on feedTriggers(). Most likely the MUD is sending something different than you think it is e.g. some hidden char or different line ending. Check the highlighter option and see if it fires at all. First thing I'd try is to skip the $ at the end of the pattern

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

I've tried that as well with very simple highlights and short single line triggers with no special designators. Everything works except for getting it to replace something.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I remember that I've fixed replace() at some point, but I don't remember when. So you might have to wait for the next Mac release if you can't get replace() to work. It definitely works in the recent dev versions, but the last Mac snapshot is quite old. However, ixokai will build a new snapshot for Mac as soon as possible in order to test the new mapper stuff anyways and other new features. Stay tuned.

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

Seems odd that it would work with the feeTriggers function though? In any case I'll wait for the next mac release and see.

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

I tested the 2.0 Mac snapshot, it appears it still broken in that version. Any other MAC users verify this?