Creating a desktop environment style GUI

Vadi

Re: Creating a desktop environment style GUI

Post by Vadi »

For some reason the bigger selection avatar bottom-right of the window was not showing the martial artists bigger image - it only blinked up when I stole the sash. The small avatar was working fine, and both health bars were too.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think it's a game thing, but:
remove sash
You untie Niks's white sash from around your waist.

278/278HP (426AP)>
wear yellow sash
You tie Niks's white sash around your waist.

278/278HP (474AP)>
x

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Vadi wrote:Hey, some feedback on the UI - I think you should increase the bottom border size, it looks better.
It already looks like the second image on my computer (see the screenshot below). I think I really need to make the whole thing resize dynamically though.
Vadi wrote:For some reason the bigger selection avatar bottom-right of the window was not showing the martial artists bigger image - it only blinked up when I stole the sash. The small avatar was working fine, and both health bars were too.
Strange, it works fine for me:

Once I can get a version of Mudlet with the autoinstaller I'll test it with a clean installation.
Vadi wrote:I think it's a game thing, but:
It was - it was a conflict with the code that lets you explicitly wear weapons on certain locations. Fixed, thanks.

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

How do you do all that?!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

labels, gauges... next Mudlet rc will autodownload that GUI once you connect to Godwars 2 (it's added by default in Mudlet), and then you could look at how that thing works!

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

I want something like that for Achaea... Is there a tutorial anywhere to make something like that? Or maybe text that changes color once balance has been regained that one can click on and then do the action?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Sure, look at how to do labels in the wiki

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

When looking at all of that stuff, it makes me feel like I should have a college degree before attempting anything... No idea where to begin...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Begin by copy/pasting examples and running them :)

Orlendr

Post by Orlendr »

I did, with the YOU ARE BEING ATTCKED thing, and I am only able to see it for a second. I dont see how it would allow me to make something to click on and do an action though... Or to make it recognize when balance has been regained or something...