Creating a desktop environment style GUI

Vadi

Re: Creating a desktop environment style GUI

Post by Vadi »

Hm... can you paste the code that is not working? insertLink with or without on the latest git works fine for me.

I think there was a specific way to do this replacement while keeping the selection size properly adjusted, but I thought that selectCaptureGroup was it. Apparently not (or the order of the statements needs to be reversed).

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

I managed to get the colours working - I can now send one or two RGB values with the link:

I wouldn't use the above colour scheme personally, it's just to demonstrate how it can combine foreground and background colours in the links (eg 'rare' items are cyan and 'artifacts' are red, therefore an 'uncommon artifact' is cyan text on a red background).

The link length is still an issue though, so I had to disable links from the help suggestions because they overlap (if you try to view a help file and it doesn't exist, it uses soundex to provide a list of other possibilities).

It's still very much a work in progress, but if you want to get a feel for what MXP would be like in Mudlet you can download the scripts and images from here: http://www.godwars2.org/download/mudlet/ (I've put the sounds there as well, in case anyone wants to see what MSP would be like). The images (and sounds) folders go in the Mudlet folder, as do the XML files.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

for reference, here's the code I was using that is non-functional:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
moveCursor("main",selectString(matches[1],1),getLineCount())
replace("")
color_table["customBG"] = {getBgColor()}
color_table["customFG"] = {getFgColor()}
fg("customFG")
bg("customBG")
sf = [[send("%s")]]
moveCursorEnd()
insertLink(matches[1],sf:format(matches[1]),matches[1],true)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

First you have to apply the color and other format to the selection before replacing it. Then it should work alright.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

KaVir wrote:The link length is still an issue though, so I had to disable links from the help suggestions because they overlap (if you try to view a help file and it doesn't exist, it uses soundex to provide a list of other possibilities).
Can you paste the code you are currently using? I'm sure it can be solved.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

This is the trigger:

Code: Select all

\t<send>(.*)</send>
This is the code:

selectCaptureGroup(1)
setUnderline(true)
setFgColor(255,255,255)
replace(matches[2])
setLink([[send("]]..matches[2]..[[")]], matches[2])
deselect()
resetFormat()
And this is what it looks like:

Notice how the the links (the underlined text) are fine - except when two are displayed on the same line.

And...on an unrelated note, see the moon above the maps? Is there any easy way to make it rise and set behind the frame of the map, without redrawing the frame (which then requires redrawing the map)?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

What is the text you're sending, so I can simulate it?

Oh and... this looks like a regex problem, doens't it? It's matching across the whole line all the way to the other one.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The moon - I'm not sure how are you doing it. It's not possible to change the Z order of things yet though once they are made.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

If you want to simulate it on another mud you'll need to remove the tab from the front, but you could just display something like:

<send>link1</send>
And that'll work, then do:

<send>link1</send> and <send>link2</send>
And you'll see they bleed into each other.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah I'm positive it's the regex matching the whole thing. Try enabling the match all option, and then display(matches) on a line with multiple ones to see how they get stored (one after another in matches[])