Creating a desktop environment style GUI

Vadi

Re: Creating a desktop environment style GUI

Post by Vadi »

By the way - I'm not sure how popular has Mudlet gotten in GW2, but I had one user asking me today how to disable the auto-download of the interface - since they play on a netbook, and the interface made it unusable for them. Not certain if anything can be/needs to be done about it, but thought I'd raise it.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Vadi wrote:By the way - I'm not sure how popular has Mudlet gotten in GW2, but I had one user asking me today how to disable the auto-download of the interface - since they play on a netbook, and the interface made it unusable for them. Not certain if anything can be/needs to be done about it, but thought I'd raise it.
Oneymus recently sent me a message about Vyzor, I'm planning to check it out once I get my laptop back from being repaired - and even if I don't use it, I'll need to add some sort of resizing functionality.

This could be a problem with other muds as well, particularly as my snippet includes the mud-side functionality and instructions for adding a Mudlet GUI. I know 4Dimensions already has one (I created it for them), and several other muds have expressed an interest.

It might be worth having some way to switch off the option, either ask the user when they connect if they wish to download the GUI or have a button to suppress the downloads.

P.S.: For client popularity on GW2, see here: http://www.godwars2.org/mwi/clients

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It is possible to disable auto-download, that's what they've done for now.