how to convert zmud scripts?

verdilak

how to convert zmud scripts?

Post by verdilak »

I have a bunch of zmud classes, triggers, and aliases that I want to use in mudlet. How would I go about converting them over?

Vadi

Re: how to convert zmud scripts?

Post by Vadi »

Just by learning how to script in Mudlet and re-doing them.

verdilak

Post by verdilak »

I dont know if I want to spend that much time mudding again and learn how to script in mudlet if i am going to stop mudding once more.

verdilak

Post by verdilak »

And if I wanted to, where would I even go? The manual isnt helpful... I mean, what are classes in mudlet? What are things in zmud that you can do, you can't do in mudlet?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Opening Mudlet's script editor should be self-explanatory enough... you press the 'new group' button, and there is your organizational need solved.

Mudlet isn't made as a replacement for zmud - it's made as a mud client of it's own. So I don't think taking that approach to things would work out.

Wyd

Post by Wyd »

Mudlet scripting and Zmud scripting are done in two completely different ways.

In order to convert them over, it is more then just "click this button, wait for some automated process to finish, win". You need to spend some time learning lua, and learning Mudlet's scripting API (Which the manual, screencasts, IRC channel and other resources can help you with).

Once you've done that, you'll know where it is as simple as renaming a function and some syntax, and where you'll need to go about doing something a different way to how you did it in zmud.

Wyd