client crashes all the time now!

Raiynsong

client crashes all the time now!

Post by Raiynsong »

client is crashing multiple times for me. I've reinstalled the most reecent and it's still happening. I'm on a mac. everything else seems stable and i havent reinstalled anything. help

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: client crashes all the time now!

Post by Heiko »

If it's really crashing you need to post the core dump you get. If the client hangs instead of crashing, you need to check your scripts for endless loops. In the past, we had a bunch of people reporting crashes which were actually hangs due to their own buggy scripts.

Raiynsong

Post by Raiynsong »

All I know is it worked great yesterday and I didnt add any new triggers or scripts today and it crashes after several minutes of play. I will try again and save a log file to send.

Also, I've imported my profiles to my PC and am playing my game now with the same profiles/aliases, etc. so we'll see if I also crash here

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Well, in case of a hang Mudlet doesn't respond anymore, whereas a crash kills the application window and you can get a crash report. The former would be a Mudlet bug, whereas the latter is most likely a bug in your scripts.

In case of a crash: Which MUD do you play?

Raiynsong

Post by Raiynsong »

ok i imported all my aliases to the pc and it worked great up there, so....i rebooted the mac and am running just fine know . some gremlin in the system I guess.

Oh, my mud is New Worlds Ateraan at the moment.