Composer Window

Casimar

Composer Window

Post by Casimar »

I recently created a new profile with much of the same data transferred across for some experimenting (I didn't want to muck up my already working profile) but I cannot seem to get it to use the Composer window like my original profile. Any ideas?

Iocun

Re: Composer Window

Post by Iocun »

For me (Mudlet 1.2.0-pre5.1 on Mac OS X) the composer window only opens if I disable GMCP in the Settings (so it will use ATCP instead). What OS/version are you using?

Casimar

Post by Casimar »

1.1.0 (march 2010) on kubuntu 10.10

I tried to build 1.2 (whatever is the latest git version) and it came up with the following(still is): g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O3 -w -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -Itmp -I. -o tmp/TTreeWidget.o TTreeWidget.cpp

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

If the version is from March 2010 then I'm pretty sure it doesn't have GMCP yet. I think GMCP was added in version 1.2.0.
So in order for the composer window to work with that version, you need to be sure ATCP is enabled. I don't still have a pre-GMCP version myself but I -suppose- there must be an option to enable ATCP in the settings (probably in the General section). Make sure this is activated.

Of course, it doesn't hurt updating to a newer version either. Can't help you much with compiling for your system though.

Casimar

Post by Casimar »

well I was hoping to upgrade at least to 1.1.1 but it's not in the repo yet.. :(

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Compile Mudlet 1.2.0-pre6 yourself. That's the preferred way on Linux and very easy. There's several howtos in the forum, and one particularly for Ubuntu.

Casimar

Post by Casimar »

sorry to bring this up again, but it still isn't opening the composer window. GMCP on and off.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Is GMCP working to begin with? Are you using a proxy to connect that blocks the GMCP data?