Map not displaying

Sohl

Map not displaying

Post by Sohl »

I'm running v1.2.0-pre7 on OS X. When I open the mapper, it brings up the window but the map itself is blank.

Dragging the map window around causes it to give wierd colours/patterns like it's bugging out.

Sohl

Re: Map not displaying

Post by Sohl »

The forums seem to have cropped the edge of the pic, but if you go to the image source you can see what I mean.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The mapper requires ATCP or GMCP working in order to locate where you are and display a map.

Sohl

Post by Sohl »

GMCP is working, the first time I opened the mapper it said it downloaded. Maybe it got corrupted, is there any way to make it download again?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Delete the map folder in ~/.config/mudlet/<profile>

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

1. Are you connecting directly to the MUD or are you using Mudbot? If it's the latter you need to use a Mudbot version that does not strip ATCP or GMCP sequences.
2. Do you have a 3D graphics card and the necessary drivers? -> Can you play regular 3D games on your computer?

Sohl

Post by Sohl »

I'm connecting directly to the MUD, and I have a #D graphics card. I've used it to play 3D games like CoD, but I'll look into updating my drivers.

I've tried deleting and redownloading the map, as well as reinstalling mudlet, and neither worked.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

There are 2 different scripts floating around to display the map in Achaea. One uses ATCP and the more recent versions use GMCP. You need to make sure that you are using the right script for your setup regarding GMCP/ATCP.

The map is only being drawn on request i.e. your mapper script needs to tell the mapper to draw the area around a certain room ID. The scripts use ATCP or GMCP events respectively to get the room ID of your current position and tell the mapper to draw the map. For debug purposes you can force a map draw of a well known location e.g. tell the mapper to draw a room ID such as a market place in a big city.
Please report what happens.

To find out if the map data is available, you can use the input box on the right side of the mapper window to substring search for room names and press return. If you don't get any search results on simple searches the map data is not available on your computer and we have to look into a possible download issue for your Mac version.

Sohl

Post by Sohl »

I actually didn't realize you needed a separate script. It's working now, thanks for your help.