Bugs Galore

Skriptz

Bugs Galore

Post by Skriptz »

Okay Mudlet is screwing me around. Triggers work then it doesn't and now some work and some don't so it's very difficult to know if it's my code or if it's Mudlet. I believe Mudlet has a part in it.

Is anyone else getting problems? Now when I click on something to check to see if the code is right it changes to looks like it's been deactivated. I try to activate it and icon still the same and it says deactivate successful. I activate it again it's back to normal till I click on it and it changes.

Now I'm just asking is does anyone elses does the same. The worse thing it seems to only read triggers half the time and other time it doesn't see them and it comes back. I looked at my code, everything is right. It even worked for a bit but now it's choosing for certain sections to work.

tsuujin

Re: Bugs Galore

Post by tsuujin »

Triggers are fine, I have a large set of highly complex triggers and I don't have any problems at all.

The dialog issue does exist, though. Every once in a while it gets in a mood where a single click changes the "activated" checkbox to the opposite state. It doesn't seem to actually activate or deactivate anything, though.

Although, with a large amount of triggers I have noticed the dialog getting really slow. Dragging a trigger makes the whole thing terribly laggy.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

If your trigger is named 'New Trigger', then the new trigger auto-activation feature will kick in to re-enable it. If it's named different, then it's possible that the trigger's state was changed via script - and in the gui, it's updated when you click on it.

Don't have a problem dragging triggers about with 1.5k gui triggers, although in large groups it sure is a pita to scroll for a while. What I did was place gates strategically at equal distances within the groups, create triggers in them, and drag out to where I want them to be.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Well, running it on Ubuntu with a good system (quad core 2.6Gzh, 4 gigs ram, nvidia gtx 9800, asus crosshair II MB with fast enough FSB to not bottleneck it) I've found that dragging anything while a group is open that displays more than ten triggers will make the drag action frustratingly slow.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm on ubuntu w/ dualcore 2.1, 4gb ram, 8600m gt - and don't have any issues at all. Also using the proprietary nvidia drivers.

I do see that one cpu spikes if I drag something about in the list, but it doesn't affect the visual performance. I'll check later if mudlet is doing anything while an item is being dragged or is it Qt being funky.