Semicolon Problem

Kyle

Semicolon Problem

Post by Kyle »

In Achaea you're able to uses says with emoticon to say something and do an expression at the same time. However, when I do say "<insert text>" ; ) it just says the line and acknowledges with the semicolon as another entry. Any idea how to get this to go through without making it think there's two different inputs?

Vadi

Re: Semicolon Problem

Post by Vadi »

Change the command separator in settings to be ;;

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:Change the command separator in settings to be ;;
I still say that Mudlet (like every other client I'm aware of) should simply be made aware of a list of common exceptions. I tried the ";;" thing for about a week and was so sick of having to redo it every time i tried to chain commands (because I always used ";") that I just changed it back and went back to simply not being able to use a semi-colon period.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

It worked. Thanks!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I find a single semi-colon inconvenient, period. It can't be used in texts because of this (while it has very valid application in the English language), and escaping it - isn't something natural for the input line. Hence why ;; is ideal to get used to from the beginning actually.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:I find a single semi-colon inconvenient, period. It can't be used in texts because of this (while it has very valid application in the English language), and escaping it - isn't something natural for the input line. Hence why ;; is ideal to get used to from the beginning actually.
Yeah, but I didn't get started with MUDs; I got started with programming, and the syntax carried over for my first...oh... eleven years of mudding.

naftali

Post by naftali »

I would be very happy if the command line would simply recognize \; as a semicolon and not a command separator.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Hi,
Does anyone know of a workaround for this? Is it possible to change the command separator with some code, run your command and change it back again?
The mud I play uses a ; at its command separator so it interferes with the ; I use. I've hundreds of uses of ; so its not practical to change it.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

you change what the command separator is in mudlet settings. Perhaps using a colon (:) would be better for you. It's the exact same key with a shift added to it.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Yeah, but I've hundreds of triggers, aliases using a semicolon already, so I would want to be able to change the separator with code, fire my commands off, and then change it back again. I don't think its any use for me to change it permanently.