Lag spikes

tsuujin

Lag spikes

Post by tsuujin »

Lately I've been having a real problem with lag spikes in Mudlet, that nobody else seems to be experiencing.

The lag can last from 7 seconds to greater than three moments, and seems to be triggered by me sending text to the game (but I can't confirm that). I opened a blank profile to circumvent scripting problems and still got the lag, so I can safely rule out my personal scripting.

So the question becomes: What can cause something like this in Mudlet?

Vadi

Re: Lag spikes

Post by Vadi »

The first one really, if you're on Windows, is to check your firewall - does the problem still occur with it off and such.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Sorry, thought I included this:

Kubuntu 64 bit, using the current beta linux-style (( meaning I got a binary, and had to link the new qtlibs manually )). Been using this for quite some time without any problem.

Wyd

Post by Wyd »

Actually, I might be experiencing similar.

I connect to Achaea through Vadi's system, so I've been half wondering if its that..but the symptoms are the same..try to send text, and nothing goes through - it'll stick like that until I reconnect to the world.

Sending extra lines of text to the mud doesn't make a difference

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

tsuujin, do you connect to mko directly or use the mudbot?

I had pretty bad lag myself yesterday, but so did everyone else (and my dl speed was 100kb/s instead of usual 600kb/s), and it's not frequent - hasn't happened in months.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

I correct directly to mko, no proxies or mudbod.

Wyd, are you on linux as well? I'm wondering if headers got updated that Mudlet uses, which is causing a problem.

Wyd

Post by Wyd »

Nope, using Windows, and connecting through a proxy, so completely different configuration to you, it seems

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

well, I've had less of a problem today. I uninstalled and reinstalled, relinked the libraries for the beta, and fired Mudlet back up. So far, I've only had one spike to speak of since then.

Edit: Up to three now