problems compiling Mudlet from source code

Greaver

problems compiling Mudlet from source code

Post by Greaver »

I have Mudlet compiled and running on Linux distro Slackware 13.0, and am just exploring the scripting via the Achaea mud.

I get a repeated segmentation fault on a simple alias. That is:

Pattern: ^h

Substitution: help

Does Mudlet produce an error log or any way I could trace this problem

Edited to add:

Also tried with pattern: ^m and substitution: more. Same seg fault.

However, if I replaced the substitution with a script: send("more"), everything was fine, no seg fault.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Seg Fault on simple alias

Post by Heiko »

You made build errors.
1. use qmake to build Mudlet from source code - don't use cmake! it's currently not supported
2. link against the sdk libs if you experience any run time problems or weird behaviour in general

Checkout this thread for more information:
http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1406

Greaver

Re: problems compiling Mudlet from source code

Post by Greaver »

I downloaded the sdk tar file from qt.nokia.com and followed this information to recompile from the source snapshot:

cd mudlet/src
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/bin/qmake
make
make install

Still get the crash on ^h = help.

Something like this: ^m($|\s) = more, seems to work fine, however, without crashing. (As does: ^h$ = help).

Am I missing a step in the troubleshooting? Could this be a problem with perl regex library?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Looks like you've found a real bug in the plain text send box. I can't verify this at the moment but it's pretty much obvious from what you say. I'll look into it for the next release.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh, it's a known thing that 'send command' doesn't send directly to the MUD but to the alias engine to re-parse - and since ^h matches in 'help', it was an infinite loop.

NoRAd

Post by NoRAd »

I noticed the thing Vadi pointed out after trying a few things. A quick way around that might be to use ^h$ and ^m$

Aithon

Post by Aithon »

Hi,

I'm trying to compile and try out mudlet on my Fedora 16 (64bit) system, and get the following error.
Maybe someone here has a hint for me, what I could be doing wrong. Both phonon and phonon-devel
packages are installed.
$ qmake-qt4
$ gmake
g++ -c -pipe -g -O3 -Wno-deprecated -Wno-unused-parameter -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_PHONON_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/phonon -I/usr/include -I. -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -Iirc/include -I/usr/include/phonon_compat -I/usr/X11R6/include -Itmp -I. -o tmp/TConsole.o TConsole.cpp
In file included from TCommandLine.h:32:0,
from TConsole.h:37,
from TConsole.cpp:24:
Host.h:53:23: warning: extra tokens at end of #include directive [enabled by default]
In file included from TLabel.h:25:0,
from TConsole.h:43,
mudlet.h:48:23: fatal error: phonon: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
gmake: *** [tmp/TConsole.o] Error 1
Thanks in advance for your help.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Aithon wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to compile and try out mudlet on my Fedora 16 (64bit) system, and get the following error.
Maybe someone here has a hint for me, what I could be doing wrong. Both phonon and phonon-devel
packages are installed.
$ qmake-qt4
$ gmake
g++ -c -pipe -g -O3 -Wno-deprecated -Wno-unused-parameter -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_PHONON_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/phonon -I/usr/include -I. -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -Iirc/include -I/usr/include/phonon_compat -I/usr/X11R6/include -Itmp -I. -o tmp/TConsole.o TConsole.cpp
In file included from TCommandLine.h:32:0,
from TConsole.h:37,
Host.h:53:23: warning: extra tokens at end of #include directive [enabled by default]
In file included from TLabel.h:25:0,
from TConsole.h:43,
mudlet.h:48:23: fatal error: phonon: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
gmake: *** [tmp/TConsole.o] Error 1
Thanks in advance for your help.
That means you need to install phonon-dev package.

Aithon

Post by Aithon »

As I wrote above. The phonon-devel package is installed.
$ rpm -qa | grep phonon
phonon-devel-4.5.57-3.20111031.fc16.x86_64
phonon-4.5.57-3.20111031.fc16.x86_64
phonon-backend-gstreamer-4.5.90-3.fc16.x86_64

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It could be calling it's phonon "Phonon", capitalized. That's not really standard for some reason or the other, even though Qt itself uses the lowercase, afaik.