weirdness with cecho

Denarii

Re: weirdness with cecho

Post by Denarii »

tarrant wrote:
Denarii wrote:For some reason the spaces are causing problems
Sorry, I don't get what you mean. What spaces, where?

Code: Select all

cecho("StatusBar", "<green>""Hp:["..hpCur.."("..hpDelta..")/"..hpMax.."] <purple>Sp:["..spCur.."("..spDelta..")/"..spMax.."] <maroon>E:["..essCur.."("..essDelta..")/"..essMax.."]")
That.

Though, when I do:

cecho("StatusBar", "<green>HP:["..hpCur.."("..hpDelta..")/"..hpMax.."]")
cecho("StatusBar", "<purple>SP:["..spCur.."("..spDelta..")/"..spMax.."]") 
cecho("StatusBar", "<maroon>E:["..essCur.."("..essDelta..")/"..essMax.."]")
It works fine for me. Are you using the latest version of Mudlet?

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

The forum makes it look like you're adding a linebreak in the string, are you?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Denarii wrote:For some reason the spaces are causing problems, I'm going to have to do some testing and try to figure out what's going on, I haven't seen this problem before. In the meantime, if you remove the spaces it should work. It appears to only happen when echoing text containing spaces to a miniconsole. Which is.. odd.
Sorry, but I can't reproduce this with my current sources nor with the 1.1.1 release. Can you verify this for the real 1.1.1 release?

tarrant

Post by tarrant »

Heiko wrote:
Denarii wrote:For some reason the spaces are causing problems, I'm going to have to do some testing and try to figure out what's going on, I haven't seen this problem before. In the meantime, if you remove the spaces it should work. It appears to only happen when echoing text containing spaces to a miniconsole. Which is.. odd.
Sorry, but I can't reproduce this with my current sources nor with the 1.1.1 release. Can you verify this for the real 1.1.1 release?
Yes, I am using the mac version of the 1.1.1 release from the download page. Although, when i click 'About Mudlet', i see 'Mudlet 1.1.0 built: March 8, 2010' even though i just downloaded the 1.1.1.

This is the latest code i've been using, no spaces or anything. But still with the weird chunky spaces.

cecho("StatusBar","<green>Hp:["..hpCur.."("..hpDelta..")/"..hpMax.."]<purple>Sp:["..spCur.."("..spDelta..")/"..spMax.."]<maroon>E:["..essCur.."("..essDelta..")/"..essMax.."]")

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

tsuujin wrote:The forum makes it look like you're adding a linebreak in the string, are you?
No
Heiko wrote:
I just downloaded the packaged version and had the same problem.
tarrant wrote:This is the latest code i've been using, no spaces or anything. But still with the weird chunky spaces.

cecho("StatusBar","<green>Hp:["..hpCur.."("..hpDelta..")/"..hpMax.."]<purple>Sp:["..spCur.."("..spDelta..")/"..spMax.."]<maroon>E:["..essCur.."("..essDelta..")/"..essMax.."]")
That works normally for me. I don't have a mac, so I can't really test it in the same environment as tarrant. Could someone with a mac test?

tarrant

Post by tarrant »

Ok, i just discovered something, it MIGHT be the miniconsole that's causing the problem, because its happening with echo() too.
Also, if i cecho it to my main window, the formatting turns out alright.
No clue whatsoever what's causing it though. Please take a look at my miniconsole and see if you can tell what's wrong with it.

function Geyser.StatusBar()
	geyserContainer = Geyser.Container:new({
		x = "100%", y = "100%",
		width = "100%", height = "3c",
		name = "StatusBarContainer"})
	StatusBar = Geyser.MiniConsole:new({
		x = "0px", y = "96.5%",
		width = "100%", height = "2.5c",
		--color = "<0,0,100>",
		name = "StatusBar"},
		StatusBarContainer)
end
Basically, i just want a small little console at the bottom of the screen above the command line where i can echo my stats to.

Thanks for all your help!

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This seems to be a Geysir bug or a wrong usage of Geysir. Echo() clearly works for miniconsole windows - as well as cecho().