Keypad Navigation

Jeisis

Keypad Navigation

Post by Jeisis »

Hey there, I'm having an issue with the keypad.

See, I'm a new convert from MUSHclient, and I absolutely love keypad navigation. I use the keypad for attacking as well.

Now, I have a laptop that does not have a built-in keypad, but rather the keypad is used by Fn + whichever key is needed, like such Fn + 8 for keypad button 8. But that keypad is terrible, so I bought a USB keypad, which brings me to my question:

Mudlet only seems to want to register a key from that keypad as "keypad + 8" for instance, even when holding Ctrl. But, if I do Ctrl + Fn + 8, it registers "ctrl + keypad + 8". How would I get Mudlet to recognize that I'm hitting ctrl as well?

It does work on MUSHclient, so I know it's possible.

Rakon

Re: Keypad Navigation

Post by Rakon »

Please help us further, by stating which version of Mudlet you are using, and on what platform/installation method.

Example:
On Ubuntu Linux x64 with Mudlet 1.1.1 installed via PPA, when I attempt to add a keypad macro using CTRL I get the following:

Code: Select all

control + keypad + 8
So at least on this platform and version, it works correctly.

The issue might be in the USB controller/driver for the keypad that is not registering the press of CTRL, and not an issue with Mudlet.

Jeisis

Post by Jeisis »

Sorry, for some reason I thought I specified:

Mudlet version: 1.1.0, installed through the .bin file.

It works on MUSHclient, when run through Wine.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Okay! Could you try updating to Mudlet 1.1.1 Linux x64 installer and then go about making a macro again to see if works?

Jeisis

Post by Jeisis »

Well, I'm assuming that the 1.1.0 wasn't changed for the new version, because I downloaded the link you gave, uninstalled the existing, chmoded and installed the 1.1.1.bin, and then ran it.

Still doesn't work. Must be something with the driver, but it doesn't make sense because it works perfectly on MUSHclient.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Just to make sure that I understand your problem correctly: Your USB numpad does work with Mudlet, but the combination of control+number on USB numpad doesn not work?

Jeisis

Post by Jeisis »

Yes, that is what I meant, I was just long-winded about it.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Another report... "I don't know if it's the numpad or what, but with numlock on it's taking lal the
keys as keypad + numlock, and without numlock on it's not binding the arrow keys, like, 2, 8, 4 and
6"

Knute

Post by Knute »

Ok, I have a few questions here about your issue.

Ummm.... I guess before I would look at mudlet, I would make sure that the keypad is working ok in your OS. It looks like Ubuntu x64 from previous posts.

So, do you have these same issues when you are in say a text editor?

There is a program that will tell you what the keycodes are when you press the key. I haven't used it in a while, nor can remember it's name. I'm thinking xkbevd? possibly??? Not sure though.

When you run lsusb does your keypad show up?

I guess I'm just trying to make sure that it's not an OS issue that is showing itself in mudlet.