captureing my inventory

eldarok

captureing my inventory

Post by eldarok »

Hello i was wondering if its possible to make a inventory window that shows my inventory at all times the problem is
theirs no flags or such for beginning and end of inventory all i have to trigger off of is You are carrying: after this i wanna capture each line of text and store each line separately so i can then display them in my window in a list. I hope this is clear enough.. examples or maybe point me int he right direction please thanks a lot ahead of time!!

kaeus

Re: captureing my inventory

Post by kaeus »

The ending line would be the prompt. In this way, set a boolean to true on "You are carrying:" and then set that boolean to false in your prompt trigger. Then, with you inventory trigger, or a generic capture all trigger, you add to your inventory table if the boolean value is true.

naftali

Post by naftali »

Another possibility is to create a trigger to capture the start and set the fire length of that trigger to 999. That means that your trigger will look at the 999 lines after it starts looking at your inventory.

Obviously, you don't want it to do that, so make a child trigger that fires when it sees your prompt and does setTriggerStayOpen("InventoryTrigger", 0).

Any other child-triggers you make will only act on the inventory then, so you can make as many of them as you want without slowing down your system. Vadi's name highlighter uses that to good effect, and a script that I'm building to capture Elist uses it as well (my script doesn't work, but that part certainly does).

eldarok

Post by eldarok »

Solved please remove.