Targetting help

Omni

Targetting help

Post by Omni »

Alright. I'm playing Lusternia and I've been using mudlet for about a month or more and I like it a lot. Right now I'm trying to get into combat and want to make a targeting alias. I've gone over all the targeting help I could find on here and still nothing seems to work for me. This is what I currently have:

Code: Select all

"^x (.*)$

target = matches[2]
echo("target has been set to " .. matches[2])
send("point staff " .. target)
Every time I get it to save and try it out I put in x rat and I get all available exits. What am I doing wrong? Even then I can't seem to get it to allow me to attack at all. I've only been able to get things to somewhat work, by using the ingame targeting and alias system.

Denarii

Re: Targetting help

Post by Denarii »

Is that " actually in your alias pattern?

Omni

Post by Omni »

I just tried copying some of the things I saw in other help post, but I still can't get it right. " is in the script, just like a few other alias' I saw around the forums.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

The pattern should be:

Code: Select all

^x (.*)$
And the script the same as before.

Omni

Post by Omni »

i misread what you wrote. " is not part of the pattern.

BrandNew

Post by BrandNew »

Make sure your alias is activated. It's something that is unique to Mudlet, as far as I am aware of, where you have to create the item, then activate it before it'll work. Hopefully it's something so simple!

Omni

Post by Omni »

I made sure to activate it and still it doesn't work.

hempa

Post by hempa »

Could you take a screenshot of the alias window and post it here so we can see what may be wrong?

Omni

Post by Omni »

what I have in the code box is everything I did. nothing more nothing less. and since it wasn't working I removed it from my alias list. That's the code I used so it's not like it's lost or anything.

sephiel

Post by sephiel »

I'm confused as to what the problem would be, and by some of the other responses, I don't think I'm the only one. Do you have any other packages or scripts that use "x" as an alias?