Mudlet crashing when I save profile

Wingard

Mudlet crashing when I save profile

Post by Wingard »

Okay, so this is really starting to piss me off. I just added about 50 aliases and clicked on the Save Profile button to save them all.

Mudlet closed. I lost all of them.

Vadi

Re: Mudlet crashing when I save profile

Post by Vadi »

You didn't lose all of them all. From the connect dialog, select an older snapshot to load in the profile history.

Wingard

Post by Wingard »

I tried that. The aliases are gone completely.

Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Here's the exact problem:

I click save profile, Mudlet crashes. I reopen it. I load up all of the profile snapshots, and all of them have only triggers. Scripts, aliases, keys, and etc are all gone.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Then you've never added any aliases, key, scripts or whatever or you've never used the save profile button or saved your profiles on exit. Does you little sister secretly sneak into your room and delete your aliases from a myriad of snapshots? :D (just kidding) All snapshots are complete profiles and contain the entire profile content. Whenever you click the save profile button or save the profile on exit, Mudlet will add a new snapshot that can be used to roll back your profile history to an older state any time. Mudlet also never touches these snapshots again later except in read only mode when loading them, so there is no way Mudlet can mess up anything.

Fun aside, 1.0.6 and current git contain patches that prevent a crash that can happen after deleting scripts that specify event handlers. There is also an issue in 1.0.5 that will rename your profile folder to some undefined name if you open the same profile twice. This is also fixed in 1.0.6. Anyways, if this happens, look into the profile folder and search your snapshot .xml files. They are still somewhere in .config/mudlet/profiles.