Questions: saved sessions and sending files

Woutichon

Questions: saved sessions and sending files

Post by Woutichon »

Yo!

Yeah, I'm one of those converted zMUD users, but in this day and age no one should be forced to pay to play a MUD anymore. So I was on the lookout for free clients and so far I am very impressed with Mudlet.

There are just two simple questions I have.

1) Is there a way to disable the remembering of sessions?
Currently I have played two characters with this client, both on the same MUD: my wizard and her test player. I enabled auto-logging. Now, whenever I quit Mudlet and start it up again, even after closing both windows they are restored and my characters both log in at the same time via the auto-logging feature. So far this isn't much of a problem, since my wiz and tester are always logged on at the same time, but whenever I introduce a player character to Mudlet I can get into trouble this way. I don't think admins will appreciate my player character being logged on at the same time as my wizard. ;) I can turn auto-logging off, but that really isn't the intention.

2) Is there a way to send a code or text file (maybe from the in-game Notepad) to the mud? This would be very handy for coding. So far I haven't found it yet, but it doesn't mean that it's not there. :)

Apart from those two issues, very impressed with the client!

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Questions: saved sessions and sending files

Post by Heiko »

1. Disable the option "autoconnect on startup" in the connection dialog for the sessions that you don't want to autoload and autologin on startup.

2. Upcoming 1.0.6 will feature a small popup text editor for multiline text input. This editor can either be invoked by the MUD via ATCP e. g. for in game letter, news etc. editors or by the user with shift+enter

Woutichon

Re: Questions: saved sessions and sending files

Post by Woutichon »

Heiko wrote:1. Disable the option "autoconnect on startup" in the connection dialog for the sessions that you don't want to autoload and autologin on startup.
Of course it had to be so obvious... :oops:

I would have been fine with autologin, I thought that was what the checkbox was, but the autoload was bugging me. I'll do it like this from now on. ;)
2. Upcoming 1.0.6 will feature a small popup text editor for multiline text input. This editor can either be invoked by the MUD via ATCP e. g. for in game letter, news etc. editors or by the user with shift+enter
Looking forward to that then!

Thanks for the quick reply.