Not refreshing?

tester

Not refreshing?

Post by tester »

First off, just want to say how much I have enjoyed Mudlet so far - by far the fastest client I have found for a Mac. My question is this: The client seems to not receive text from the mud on some occasions. During combat the text will not scroll unless I type in an action..nor will it receive the message if someone/pet is following me, until I enter a second command. I am not sure best how to describe this problem, these are the only two instances I have noticed so far - and the combat one is hardly noticeable since I am imputing commands every round usually, but if I idly fight in combat the text often will not display, unlike lag as soon as it type it rapidly refreshes - Any suggestions? Thanks.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Not refreshing?

Post by Heiko »

What MUD are you playing? Your MUD either needs to have a newline after your prompt or a telnet GA event.

tester

Post by tester »

Merentha, is the MUD. I know the problem doesn't lie in the mud, not to say the problem is in the client, its most likely just me not fully understanding. If i go any direction, I see the mud output for that specific area, but the pet that is following me does not show following me (even though it is most definitely in the same room), if I type a simple command like "look" it immediately refreshes the previous output i had missed...strange problem, combat scrolls slow unless i constantly type look or a combat skill....thanks again.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Configure your MUD prompt in game to end with \n or telnet GA (ask MUD admin for the latter). All big MUDs have this kind of functionality. Talk to your admins.

tester

Post by tester »

the default MUD prompt is >
guessing this is a no go for the client? I have never had this problem before -

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It might not be ending it properly - Mudlet is waiting for a new line or a GA signal that tells it "that's it, I dont have more for you atm". Because its not getting it, it thinks theres more to come, so thats why it waits and your stuff appears when more comes.

So your mud is probably being lazy on that and that's confusing mudlet. If you can enable proper GA on it or \n, it'll display fine