A trigger with random * in it. Possible?

Skriptz

A trigger with random * in it. Possible?

Post by Skriptz »

Yep it's me again. Be assured I am trying hard to do this on my own but I got one problem with a trigger. There's a affliction I want to cure and it has * in it randomly. It looks like so:
A prickly stinging ov*rwhelm* your body, *ading away into numbness.
* prickly stinging overwhelms your body,*fading away into numb*ess.
A prickly stinging overwhel*s your bod*, fading away into numbne*s. etc
As you can see a normal trigger won't work so how would you go about adding that as a trigger?

Thanks

Vadi

Re: A trigger with random * in it. Possible?

Post by Vadi »

Use a smart regex. This one is borrowed from Acropolis in Achaea:

^([A\*][ \*][p\*][r\*][i\*][c\*][k\*][l\*][y\*][ \*][s\*][t\*][i\*][n\*][g\*][i\*][n\*][g\*][ \*][o\*][v\*][e\*][r\*][c\*][o\*][m\*][e\*][s*][ \*][y\*][o\*][u\*][r\*][ \*][b\*][o\*][d\*][y\*][,\*][ \*][f\*][a\*][d\*][i\*][n\*][g\*][ \*][a\*][w\*][a\*][y\*][ \*][i\*][n\*][t\*][o\*][ \*][n\*][u\*][m\*][b\*][n\*][e\*][s\*][s\*][.\*])

Skriptz

Post by Skriptz »

Vadi wrote:Use a smart regex. This one is borrowed from Acropolis in Achaea:

^([A\*][ \*][p\*][r\*][i\*][c\*][k\*][l\*][y\*][ \*][s\*][t\*][i\*][n\*][g\*][i\*][n\*][g\*][ \*][o\*][v\*][e\*][r\*][c\*][o\*][m\*][e\*][s*][ \*][y\*][o\*][u\*][r\*][ \*][b\*][o\*][d\*][y\*][,\*][ \*][f\*][a\*][d\*][i\*][n\*][g\*][ \*][a\*][w\*][a\*][y\*][ \*][i\*][n\*][t\*][o\*][ \*][n\*][u\*][m\*][b\*][n\*][e\*][s\*][s\*][.\*])
I copied and pasted that. I made the trigger into perl regex which I'm guessing it's the right one. I removed the two curly brackets. added and removed the ^$ Checked if all the letters are there etc... still nothing. I got it to highlight the trigger (thats how I know if a trigger works) and to echo.

Something I'm doing wrong?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I didn't get your problem. The trigger is matching, so ... ?

Alexander Divine

Post by Alexander Divine »

If the trigger highlights correctly, then it works. Just toss in a paralysis = 1 or something and you're set.

Skriptz

Post by Skriptz »

Sorry I meant I ENABLED the highlight feature to check if it's working but it's not highlighting so it's not matching for some reason or another. Sorry about the confusion, I should learn to pick my words a little better.

EDIT: Manually typing it in seems to work. I noticed a few times I done copy and pasting and while it looks fine, it doesn't seem want to register but when I manually type it in, it works. Hmm not sure if it's just me or not.

Anyway thanks Vadi a heap.

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

Is it really "overwhelms your body"? In that case, it certainly won't match, since the trigger is for "overcomes".

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh yeah, there is a bug where if you insert a trigger with multiple lines into the script editor it'll show as if it changed the lines to spaces but really a space is missing there.

So that's why typing it out worked. Sorry about that.

Skriptz

Post by Skriptz »

Iocun wrote:Is it really "overwhelms your body"? In that case, it certainly won't match, since the trigger is for "overcomes".
Good eye you got there. ;)
Vadi wrote:Oh yeah, there is a bug where if you insert a trigger with multiple lines into the script editor it'll show as if it changed the lines to spaces but really a space is missing there.

So that's why typing it out worked. Sorry about that.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, now I know why some of my triggers weren't working.